Monday, September 12, 2005

john speaks

Though those of you reading this will most likely be able to tell when Justin or I am writing (mine are cooler), I believe it is necessary to differentiate my posts by titling them as above. Plus I think it sounds cool, even though technically I am not speaking but typing, 'john types' just seems to fall short.

So who can guess what the first thing I learned on the trip was?...No, not that drinks are expensive on planes...TRAVEL LIGHT. Yes my big ass American luggage has proved to be quite the encumbrance on this trip. I just didn't anticipate that little rolley things wouldn't work on cobblestone streets or magically lift luggage up flights and flights of stairs. Not to mention that fellow pedestrians must leap off the sidewalk whenever they hear my suitcase bearing down on them. Well, atleast the Irish are polite enough not to make fun of me (insert sarcastic tone).

Justin and I have made it a habbit to learn everything we can the hard way...But I am making our experience seem worse than it is, in reality we are doing quite well and finding people here, travellers and locals, to be most friendly and helpful.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Minnesota (or elsewhere) fall weather and all the cockers are as happy as ever. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home