Friday, September 23, 2005

The Search Continues

Hello All--

Sorry we haven't been updating this as frequently as we'd like to. There isn't a whole lot of news to report. Both of us are still looking for jobs, and each have had a couple of interviews. Unfortunately, there is some reluctance to hire folks who are only going to be in town for a relatively short amount of time. We'll keep searching however, hoping to find a kind soul out there someplace.

There are, of course, some good things going on here in Galway. This weekend is the Guinness Galway Oyster Festival. There are people in from all over Ireland for the festivities which include a parade, a bunch of black-tie hoity-toity stuff and Oyster opening competitions. It looks as if going out this weekend will be a necessity. I personally have had a good time walking around town looking into the little food shops around. I have found a world class baker (Richard McCabe) who has won the world pastry championship a number of times. Though I haven't tried his confections, the scones are spectacular. I also have found a number of good butchers as a great Cheese shop (though without a job, cheese shopping is kinda out of the question.) Made some lamb stew last night from a local butcher that was great (the butcher also has award winning traditional Irish sausages that make a damn good Bangers n' Mash).

I think John and I are going to try and hit up a Galway United Football match this evening. Should be an interesting experience.

We're both getting lots of reading done in our plentiful spare time... Any book suggestions would be great.

Thanks for your emails and comments (all four of you...)

..Oh, and Pray for the Vikings. Can they really be that bad?

--Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home