Trip Overview Day Two
All--
So our constant updating of this thing is in full swing now. All of you folks that have been posting, thanks much, it makes us feel loved. Special Cheers to Jeff McFly for finding this outta the blue. Whaddup.
So the second day of our trip consisted of getting up early and hiring bicycles for the day. Killarney is right next to a huge National Park (huge for here, actually the size of 1/10 of yellowstone). So off we went on bikes to explore. Lucky for me, I got a crappy bike. Only a few gears to use, and for those who know what miraculous shape I'm in... well, it sucked. For me. The other guys were fine.
We saw a fully restored castle, as well as some great ruins set alongside a few beautiful lakes in the park. By the end of our day, a beautiful waterfall (Torc waterfall), I was about to die, as my legs were about to give out. (OK, so you think, MAN, he must have been tired. You think you know, but you have no idea. I haven't been in such pain since my appendicitis. My fat-less ass was on a brick all day, I had pulled my groin earlier in the morning, and the only sensation I had in my thighs was a awful burning sensation.)
We returned back to the hostel (the best one we've stayed in... "Neptune's") and crashed for a short time before going out for a meal and a pint (or three).
Best news of the night... we found a dart board. I whooped ass.
stay tuned for segment three. hopefully it will be more thrilling than this.
Later y'all.
...and hopefully Drew will send me more pictures... those that know him, get on his case.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home