Greetings from Bologna
Hey all-
We've arrived in Bologna and are staying with Bethann McDowell, kickin it Italiano styleee (that is, looking like schmuks in our jeans and t-shirts, blabbering in english).
Last couple of days we were in Venice. I was amazed. The city seemed so unchanged from it's inception. No cars. Lots of people. Tons of good food. Unfortunately, also lots of fog.
Spent most of the time there just wandering around in the tiny like walkways between buildings trying to figure out where the hell we were. Good fun.
Although I don't have much time right now (I'll expand on all of this a bit later) I did want to mention the amazing art exhibit that we went to. Way out on the end of Venice is a large park area that constantly holds a world review of sorts of modern art. Some 20 countries have their own buildings on this land that rotate their galleries once a year. We saw some of the most provacative, interesting, funny artwork. Honerable mentions go to the "idiot wind tunnel" from Russia, Hungary's "An Expeeriment in Navigation" and the American exhibit "The Expanding Empire"
check out labiennale.org for more info. Super cool.
until later y'all Ciao.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home